If you’ve found this post – it’s likely that you are not only totally obsessed with these awesome shoes but you’ve also discovered that they have a great referral program. It can be a bit tricky to navigate so I decided to write a whole post about the referral program.
Give a first time buyer $20 off their first pair and you’ll get $20 of credit to spend on another pair for you! Here’s my link if you are a first time buyer 🙂
The coupons are stack-able (as long as they’ve been earned after 2.17.18), so you can earn your way to a totally free pair. Once you use the referral code, the rest of the credit attached expires and you start again at zero.
As far as I can tell, you do have to purchase the shoes at least once before you can get your own code to share – but hopefully you want to try them before you promote them anyway, right? You can use someone else’s code for your first purchase. I’d love for you to use mine!
- You can only get referral credits for 15 people ($300) within a 30 day period and 100 referrals ($2000) total.
- Credits take a little while to appear, so your 30 days may actually be over sooner than you think!
- You can call and ask when your 30 days will start again.
- If someone uses your link after you’ve reached $300, they will still get the $20 off, you just don’t get the bonus.
- You can redeem a maximum of $200 off a single Rothy’s merchandise order.
- Your link expires after 30 days. Keep track of where you’ve put links/who you’ve shared with and refresh those after the 30 days.
- Do not post your codes on coupon sites – this is against Rothy’s referral rules and they will be disqualified.
- When sharing Referral Codes, you should tell your Referred Customers that you will receive a reward from Rothy’s – this is part of the Referral Program Terms.
When Will You Get Credit?
You will receive an email notifying you after your friend makes a purchase using your link. Once the order is verified, you will receive your $20 reward. I’ve found that the verification process often takes a few days from the time they click/order.
How to Use Your Credit
Credit builds up on a unique promo code that’s emailed to you when one of your friends signs up. Once you use that code, you start back at zero with a new unique code and the old one expires.
You can click through that email and the code should automatically populate or you can copy and paste at check out.
You can use your credit at the brick and mortar store as long as you have the email with you to show the cashier.
Tips for Spending and Maximizing Your Credit
Costs for Rothy’s are as follows…
- The Flat – $125
- The Point – $145
- The Loafer – $165
- The Sneaker – $125 (new item, I haven’t bought this one yet so don’t have a photo)
- Girls Loafer – $65
You can’t use your credit to buy extra insoles. This isn’t listed in the Rothy’s restrictions, I just couldn’t figure out how to do it – if you’ve been able to, let me know in the comments!
If you don’t use it, you loose it! So be sure to cash out in the increment that is closest to what you are purchasing. For me, I’d rather spend $5 than to waste $15 in credit.
Because of the price points, you can get close but not perfectly to your monthly $300. And You need to do at least 2 orders because of the $200 cap per order. So if you really want to maximize, you need to bank a lot of credit and then spend it on a combo of the different types of shoes.
Pro-tip: Order a half size up from what you normally wear and be sure to try them on around the house before walking outside so that you can exchange for another pair if you don’t like the fit. If they feel even the tiniest bit tight – exchange for another size!
The program can be a bit finicky, but stay strong! If you have issues – Rothy’s has great customer service, but you’ll have a way better experience if you can get someone on the phone vs. chat/email. They will be dedicated to helping you sort out any issues you have and get you answers right away.
If you are new to Rothy’s – I’d love for you to use my link to buy your first pair. You get $20 off and I get $20 credit. As far as I know, you can’t get your own code till you buy your first pair.
Has anyone else had any luck with Rothy’s referral program? Let us know about your experience in the comments!